Sunday, November 22, 2009

Global Market Apple and Cheese Festival

I was fortunate enough to meet Sharon of the Produce Exchange in the Global Market at an event I catered where I used a home pressed apple cider glaze for the chicken. We got to talking about apples and I told her my story about growing up on an apple orchard and how I had the old apple press in my possession which led to me pressing 3 cases of lovely local apples at the Apple and Cheese Festival. It was really fun. The kids got into it and I definitely got a good upper body work out that day. I left sticky, refreshed, and energized by the awesome energy I received from interacting with so many wonderful people. It made me realize how much I enjoy being around people, talking with people, and sharing my knowledge. I want to do that more!!!



Watching the apples get ground up.


Kids cranking the wheel to the apple press.

No comments:

Post a Comment