Sunday, November 22, 2009

Birthday Dinner

I know this is a little after the fact being that my birthday was back in October, but I wanted to share with you the 30th birthday meal I made for my brother, his girlfriend, and I. Turning 30 wasn't that big of a deal. I know that it's one of those milestone birthdays and we think we should have everything in line by the time we reach that milestone age, but it just hasn't happened that way for me and for plenty others I'm sure. It's a good feeling to be out of the 20's and into a much more mature age bracket. I'm hoping the thirties will bring me more wisdom, less second guessing of myself, a deeper understanding of what I was put here on earth to do, and more delicious food adventures.

Menu
Kadejan Free Range Chicken Thigh and Leg
White Wine Ca
per Butter Sauce
Sauteed Kale and Yellow Squash in Brown Butter
Roasted Russet Potatoes
Santa Julia Organic Chardonnay

Me cooking it up in the kitchen.

Roasting the potatoes underneath the chicken while it cooks
lends great flavor an
d saves a pan.Yummy!

The organic chardonnay.
A lovely gift from attending my friend Erika and Tommy's Wedding.
Special wine for a special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment